The result of years of research, the strong development of video management with TCP/IP technology and specific field test campaigns conducted on OCR technology, led Esa Service (Esa Asset Malta parent company) to the development of a particular ANPR system: Esa Gate.
Esa Gate superior quality and high reliability (with a guaranteed percentage of successful reading equal to 98%, even in the most difficult conditions) make Esa Service able to offer the Customer a powerful tool. It can be used in urban areas control, in restricted access areas control, in identifying cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc. with number plate reported to the Police and in parking lots management.
Esa Gate includes a Web-based software suite for managing and control of the Urban Mobility. In addition to the cameras for reading the plates, it is composed of numerous other sensors and devices for the management of mobility-related processes, city-logistics and territory security control
• web based access control system related to number plate Recognition;
• georeferenced cartographic map (Google Maps, Open Street Map or image);
• real time transit dashboard page, personalized for each user;
• system protected by authentication through 5 permission levels;
• advanced search features within transit and export in different formats;
• software modularity makes new system features implementation and interfacing with new devices easier;
• system indipendency from Automatic Number Plate Recognition;
• possibility to execute different digital output in order to open barriers, gates, traffic lights;
• possibility to connect other access control system (RFID, etc.);
• possibility to connect other devices such as traffic coils, variable message traffic signs, weather station, etc.;
• management of reported cars and direct connection with “stolen vehicle list”.
The main system devices are::
• the software “engine”, which is responsible for receiving, processing and logging data, but also interacting with opening barrier and informing the operator;
• the database, in which all transaction data are stored;
• the software, which allows the system configuration. In case of multiple operator workstations, it’s possible to decide which transit monitoring stations have to be shown on each workstation;
• the specific camera device with advanced intelligence system, connected with the central unit via LAN;
• the high-power infrared lighting system and particular integrated optical filters, which allow to obtain high quality images both with daylight and nightlight, avoiding the problems of glare caused by the headlights or from the license plate illumination lights, in order to obtain sharp images, even with moving vehicles. Depending on the application (parking, roads, highways) are available cameras with different performance with reading skills to over 200 Km/h.
Shooting range variation through zoom lens, IR LEDs illumination modes, focus and others settings of the camera device can be controlled on site but also remotely through LAN network. This enables regular maintenance and devices fine settings, even after physical installation, during night-time, not demanding on-site interventions.