- Reduced debt and safe planning through continuous payments;
- Independence from traditional forms of financing, such as bank credit or deferment on payments granted by suppliers;
- Defense of the net assets, Defense of the net assets, safeguarding liquidity and margin available for any other funding;
- Pay as you earn: the royalties accrue parallel to assets use;
- Technology update: never again obsolescence;
- Possibility to invest a greater extent, thereby creating an advantage over competitors;
- Tax benefits: the canon is fully deductible with no time constraints (such as in the lease) related to the amortization of the goods
The Operating Lease is that form of contract by which the owner of an asset (landlord-Esa Asset Management for Esa Asset Malta) gives to others (Conductor-customer) the right to the asset’s use, for a defined period of time, against payment periodic payments.
The Operating Lease is different from a financing aimed or consumer credit.
• The Operating Lease is a financial product, and the royalties are NOT determined by interest rates (Tan and Taeg);
• The ownership of the property is held by Esa Asset Management and the customer does not become owner of the property.
• In the lease there are no duties and fees for collection expenses
• At the end of the rental period (usually 24, 36 or 60 months), the customer can :
A. Renewing the good by entering into a new rental contract and return the goods (relative to the initial contract);
B. Extend the rental contract, keeping good;
C. Regaining good at market price.
Supply, installation and testing of all equipment and systems that may be of interest to the customer, in the development of its business and to the field of services and Esa Asset Malta solutions.
The rise in equipment and systems and related maintenance cost, can be a barrier for the Customer to pursue its business, to adopt new systems / equipment and new technology, as the financial commitment related is important.
Esa Asset Management is the company in Esa Service Group specialized in finding financial solutions in order to offer to its Customers the equipment and facilities with different modes: classic supply “turnkey” and operating lease.
With operating leases the Customer focuses on its “core businesss or core process” because formalities related to equipment or facilities are Esa Asset Management responsibility.
Esa Asset Management by Esa Service is able to offer customized maintenance services of the equipment according to customer needs: depending on the criticality of the sector in which the Customer operates and in which the levels of SLA are also agreed.
The Top Level of maintenance service is “full service” which includes the cost of maintenance activities “on site” typical of each device or system, with original spare parts included, in order to ensure the efficiency of the devices or systems, the maximum yield of the Customer service and the lengthening of facilities (with enhancement over time).
Thanks to the experience in direct management of parking lots, Esa Asset Malta offers gradual solutions, ranging from simple advice on specific issues up to the complete outsourcing, preparing appropriate agreements.
The gradualness of the service can be summarized in three points:
- Customer Support at particular times, needs or problems through remote management (thanks to remotized Esa Service control room manned by security guards with specific experience in the parking lots), or with Esa Service and Esa Asset Malta on-site staff;
- in a joint venture with the Customer;
- Total Parking Management executed by Esa Asset.
Esa Service is attentive not only to the quality of service provided in parking management, but is also attentive to the planning issues and the reporting and analysis of data available in the parking management system, in order to improve the service and the usability of the systems in time.
Esa Asset Malta provides complete system solutions for automatic parking barriers, taking care of the phases from installation to launch into operation, both for small and medium-sized facilities and for large, complex facilities.
Likewise Esa asset Malta is able to maintain the efficiency of the entire car park offering its customers customized maintenance contracts with different SLA (Service Level Agreement).
Esa Asset’s warehouse has original spare parts of the leading brands treated. If it is devoid of original spare parts needed, Esa Asset buys them from manufatures and is able to provide them on-site with timing related to the organization of the various houses.
There are several possible ways of providing the technological systems: refer specific page of the web site for more details.
In the growing world of Smart Cities Solutions, Esa Asset Malta, due to its awarness of Green Mobility issues, has anticipated the request connected to arising dissemination of electric cars, offering its own integrated solution for ground level or automatic barrier parking facility.
Esa Charge is the charging system for electric cars that allows the car park operator to offer a value-added service to its customers using an electric-powered vehicle.
The proposed solution recognizes and uses the parking ticket given at the entrance, enabling the customer to use the charging station. The Esa Charge system informs the parking management system of the completed recharge, linking it to the specific parking ticket of the same customer. Upon payment, the customer will then pay the charge and stop services with a single ticket, without additional operations.
– one ticket for both services;
– one payment procedure for both services;
– one report for both services.
The result of years of research, the strong development of video management with TCP/IP technology and specific field test campaigns conducted on OCR technology, led Esa Service, Esa Asset Malta parent company, to the development of a particular ANPR system: Esa Gate.
Esa Gate superior quality and high reliability (with a guaranteed percentage of successful reading equal to 98%, even in the most difficult conditions) make Esa Asset Malta able to offer the Customer a powerful tool. It can be used in urban areas control, in restricted access areas control, in identifying cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc. with number plate reported to the Police and in parking lots management.
The benefits of the integration of Esa Gate in a parking system are:
• greater safety for the user thanks to the dual feedback between the number plate and the ticket received at the entrance;
• traceability of the actual parking time even when the Customer has lost his ticket (ticket loss) paying the right amount;
• control and eventual restriction of multiple transits in parking lots with a period of free access;
• possibility to check the car regularity (stolen number plate, number plate reported in “black list”.
The main system devices:
• the software “engine”, which is responsible for receiving, processing and logging data, but also interacting with opening barrier and informing the operator;
• the database, in which all transaction data are stored;
• the software, which allows the system configuration. In case of multiple operator workstations, it’s possible to decide which gates have to be shown on each workstation;
• the specific camera device with advanced intelligence system , connected with the central unit via LAN;
• the high-power infrared lighting system and particular integrated optical filters, which allow to obtain high quality images both with daylight and nightlight, avoiding the problems of glare caused by the headlights or from the license plate illumination lights, in order to obtain sharp images, even with moving vehicles.
Access Control is a system developed to enable people and vehicles entering or leaving certain areas or rooms/spaces. As part of urban mobility, the focus naturally shifts on vehicles.
With access control systems, it is possible to manage the entrances to an area based on credentials of the user requesting access, for example through recognition of the number plate.
The advantages and the potential compared to the classic use of keys or remote controls are manifold:
• recognizing people who have access to particular spaces or places and keep an archive of the transits and time in which they occurred;
• authorizing access by programming of time slots;
• allowing access to certain areas only to authorized persons;
• allow the counting of transited vehicles for Roads and Urban Planning purposes.
Esa Service offers a wide range of products for the control of commercial, industrial and high-risk sites, integrated with standard solutions or tailored for each type of application and need.
The video surveillance market is growing strongly, driven by a larger audience, by an increase in public and private security problems and by the progress of the technology industry. Thanks to the technological progress, the transition to network video system has already become reality, so that customers can take advantage of flexible systems and standards in security and video surveillance.
In the context of urban video surveillance it is possible to implement quickly CCTV networks with limited budgets and reducing operating costs. This is possible in different environments form public spaces to shopping centers and, in general, very crowded places.
In public transportation and public security, wireless broadband makes 24-hour surveillance, 7 days a week possible, in particular in inaccessible environments where also advanced wired network are not a choice. In addition, with wireless networks, patrol cars can share bidirectional remote video, audio transmissions and other types of data with colleagues and management systems placed with a single security center.
With the transition to open systems architecture, video surveillance devices have become more productive and higher quality.
Higher quality images makes possible to user to follow closer details and changes in images in order to make better and faster decisions, offering more effective protection for individual and goods. The project implementation with the use of Megapixel cameras with megapixel resolution or HDTV offers an image definition at least three times greater than standard analog definition offered by D1 or 4CIF. A superior video quality allows, therefore, the possibility of obtaining detailed images and sharp scenes taken with a consequent decrease in the number of cameras required, in order to achieve the required coverage. Thanks to better video quality of recorded images in digital systems is possible to enabling magnification and zoom from the recordings without loss of video resolution compared to the resolution of the display of live images.
It is in this context Esa Asset Malta offers a wide range of solutions for high quality and technology video surveillance systems, from Megapixel and HDTV cameras, PTZ Speed Dome cameras, thermal cameras and 360 degrees panoramic cameras for intensive shooting.
In addition, a suite of products for video analysis allows us to offer advanced security and surveillance solutions for automatic monitoring of people, vehicles, and specific objects by analysing the behaviours associated with them.
It is possible to identify and recognize different types of objects: “natural persons”, “vehicles” and “other types.” Depending on the defined configuration, different object categories put in evidence with different colours around the subject and with tracking within the visual field.
Esa Asset Malta’parent company, Esa Service operates in Safety, Security and Information Technology since 1991, therefore provides planning and organizational skills, offering cameras and software for the different market standards, to fit as well as possible customer needs.